Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 2012 Newsletter-First shows of 2012 coming up this weekend!



Hello Lovely Listeners,
I hope you all enjoyed a festive and stress free holiday season. My husband Gian and I were in New York for New Years Eve for the first time in over a decade and since we didn’t have a party to go to, I decided to create our own party….on a webcast! I was challenged to see if I could write one last song in 2011, and I finished it the day before and was then asked if I would webcast a live debut performance of it, which I did! It was lots of fun and was my most attended webcast so far. You can watch a replay of it here:
If the Ustream doesn't work on your computer,
you can also watch it on
YouTube

I have to admit, after playing it this past Monday at the Jack Hardy Songwriter’s Exchange, I got such great, constructive feedback, I’m now working on a re-write (and a new title!), but the broadcast was fun and a really inspiring way to start off the new year.

If you've been missing out on the webcasts, be sure to click the "Like" button on my Facebook Fanpage or, become a member on my website and make sure to include your cell number carrier to receive text announcements. I don't want to send out a newsletter every time we webcast, it would be too overwhelming for most of you.

COMING UP:l
My first shows of 2012 are coming up this weekend and they’re both new venues for me which is very exciting! Show details are below where it says Upcoming Shows. I will also have a special guest with me for both shows. The wonderful Marshal Rosenberg from Buskin and Batteau Trio wil be playing percussion and offering all around good energy. I can’t even tell you how honored I am and thankful for this opportunity! Aside from BBT, Marshal has performed with: Tom Rush, Aztec Two Step, Barry Manilow, Peter Allen and more!

This coming Saturday, 1/7 we're driving all the way north to Gansevoort, NY, which I'd never even heard of before booking this show. The series is called the Saratoga Connection House Concert and you do need a reservation to get the address. I'll be sharing the evening with my good friends Jody Wexler and Lori Schneider who make up a fabulous duo called Crystal Rose.

On Sunday, we head northeast to perform at a Coffeehouse series called the Piedmont Percolator in Somers, CT. Also performing is Dan Stevens whom I have heard great things about! It will be nice to see some of my CT friends again!

I look forward to a prolific, musical, happy, healthy journey with you in 2012!

Wishing you all hot soup and hugs on cold nights and the happiest of new years,
Marci


UPCOMING SHOWS:
Click HERE for my online calendar.

Interested in booking Me, curious about hosting a House Concert? Send us an EMAIL or give us a call at: 631.689.7992 and ask to speak with Lesle or Gian.

No comments:

Post a Comment